How to choose injection mold material
Injection mold material choice
The following is a reasonable choice of injection mold requirements:
1. High corrosion resistance of many resins and additives have a corrosive effect on the cavity surface, which makes the cavity surface corrosion of metal corrosion, peeling, surface conditions deteriorate, plastic parts quality deteriorates. Therefore, the best use of corrosion resistant steel, or of the cavity surface chrome, nickel cymbals.
2. When the gloss and precision injection molding plastic surface wear resistance and abrasion resistance of both injection mold cavity surface has a direct relationship, especially some plastics joined the glass fiber, inorganic fillers and some pigments, they Gao plastic melt together and flow velocity in the flow channel, the cavity of the cavity surface friction large, if the material does not wear, will soon wear, damage plastic parts quality.
3. Good dimensional stability during the injection molding, injection mold cavity temperature to reach more than 300 ℃. For this reason, the best choice properly tempered tool steel (heat-treated steel). Otherwise it will cause changes in the microstructure of the material, resulting in changes in the size of the injection mold.
The ease of processing mold parts are mostly made of metal materials, some very complex structural shapes, in order to shorten the production cycle, improve efficiency, requiring mold material easily processed into shape and precision drawing required.
5. Good polishing performance injection molded plastic parts usually requires a good gloss and surface state, thus requiring cavity surface roughness is very small, so that the surface of the cavity surface must be processed, such as polishing and grinding. Therefore, the choice of steel should not contain coarse impurities and pores and the like.
6. little effect by heat treatment in order to increase the hardness and wear resistance of Gao, general injection mold subjected to heat treatment, but this process should make changes in small size. Thus, machining can preferably pre-hardened steel.